This necklace features handwoven, white gold-filled chainmaille with an antique locket pendant. The locket is inscribed with a maker's mark for the S.& B. Lederer Company, a jewelry company originally based in Providence, Rhode Island and operating between 1878 and 1931. The locket has a repousee design of grapes and grape leaves with a small paste stone.
Details and Materials
- Can be worn 17 1/2" at its longest and 15" at its shortest
- Locket hangs 2" from base of the necklace
- Locket is attached with a vintage watch clip and can be removed
- white gold-filled jump rings
- gold-filled lobster clasp and jump rings
- vintage gold-filled watch clip
- vintage gold-filled locket with paste stone
Lockets gained popularity during the Victorian era after Queen Victoria wore a mourning locket with a photo inside of her beloved husband Albert every day, setting a fashion trend. Prior to his passing, her husband had gifted her with a charm bracelet with eight lockets, each containing a lock of hair from each of their children.