This necklace features an antique, rosy gold-filled locket, c. 1910, on a chain made of handwoven, gold-filled chainmaille and antique book chain segments. The etched floral design of the locket's front includes clear and red paste stones. The reverse side is etched with a cursive monogram. The locket shuts securely and the back side is very slightly dented - considering it is over 100 years old the locket is in great condition!
Details and Materials
- 14k gold filled jump chainmaille jump rings
- antique gold filled necklace links
- gold-filled spring ring clasp
- locket hangs from an antique pocket watch swivel clip and can be removed
- necklace is 30" in length, can be shortened to 24"
- locket drops 3" from center jump ring
The inside of this locket is marked H&H with an etched star, indicating it was made by Hamilton & Hamilton Jr. of Providence Rhode Island, a jewelry manufacturer that opened in 1883 and closed its doors in 1922. The antique pocket watch clip is marked H&SB with an etched star, indicating it was made by the W.S. Blackinton & Company. This company was started by two brothers in 1865 and was originally a manufacturer of gold jewelry in Meriden, CT.