This necklace features an antique curb chain and various watch chain components, with a large oval gold-filled or plated locket, c. 1910. There are green cut stones on one side inset pave style and a Greek key design around the border of the locket. Repousse flowers sit at the top and bottom of the oval. Tooled initials of GB are engraved on the reverse side. The locket is in good antique condition with no dents; it does not "click" close but stays firmly shut.
Details and Materials
- necklace is 44" in length and can be shortened on request
- locket hangs 2 3/4" from base of the necklace
- locket is 1 3/4" long and 1 1/4" wide
- closes with a vintage pocket watch clip
- gold-filled/plated antique watch chains
- gold-filled jump rings and closure
Lockets gained popularity during the Victorian era after Queen Victoria wore a mourning locket with a photo inside of her beloved husband Albert every day, setting a fashion trend. Prior to his passing, her husband had gifted her with a charm bracelet with eight lockets, each containing a lock of hair from each of their children.